Thursday 28 July 2011

Ah What a Great Day!

After a very long and tiring but fun weekend, sleeping was much needed.  I slept in till about 9:30, which I know for some of y'all reading this is still early but for my schedule on this trip is late, and I felt SO much better after it's not even funny.  I didn't have work all week because my boss was on holiday in Spain so that was why I could have the opportunity to sleep in.  One of my other close friends on the trip also didn't have work all week so we decided to head to the Camden market on Monday and wander around awhile.  If you can't tell, I really like markets so I was excited and I hadn't been to Camden yet.  We got ready and headed out the door around 11 to catch a bus to the market.  There was no good way to get there on the Tube so we waited and waited for a bus until it finally came.  The bus ride wasn't too long and I honestly like riding the bus better so I enjoyed it.

Once we finally reached the bus stop, we got off and walked up the street to the market.  The market was huge because it has like 5 different parts.  My friend had already been there once and she didn't like the part that she already went to so we tried to find the good part that we had heard good things about.  Well we found it and I am not short money because of it haha.  I ended up buying probably more than I should have but a lot of it was unique hand-made stuff by local merchants and artisans so it's worth it to me.  I ended up getting a leather bracelet (surprise...not), a pineapple t-shirt, and a hand-made soap that smells like french toast.  It was a good shopping day I would say and it was really fun and relaxing to just wander and not have to be rushing around at all.  There was also a lot of food stalls with free samples which are always my favorite so I enjoyed that as well.  Here are a couple views of the market...

 Overlooking the food part of the market

One of the signs in the market

After spending about 3 hours at the market, we decided to head back so that we could make it to St. Paul's Cathedral before it closed.  My parents were done at Westminster Abbey so we decided to meet up at St. Paul's so that we could tour it since I hadn't done that yet.  The last ticket is sold at 4 pm everyday though so we were cutting it really close.  My parents and I ended up getting off the Tube at the same time so we walked over there and got in line.  We got in before 4 but the cathedral closes at 4:30 and they said that you need 2 hours to go through everything....oops didn't plan that well.  As the minutes ticked away, we decided to come back the next morning before we went to Windsor because we wanted to be able to go through everything at our own pace and not have to rush.

Since we decided against going in St. Paul's, my parents and I parted ways.  They ventured off to the Churchill War Rooms and I headed down Regent's and Oxford Street to return some stuff and do some shopping.  I had to make a final return to Anthropologie and they probably hate me by now because I returned things like 3 times haha...oops.  I wandered around and actually shopped for a little bit after my returns.  I finally found a maxi dress which I have been looking for at French Connection so I was happy about that.  I also bought a long skirt that I have been eyeing since I've been here and then wandered my way back to my flat.  I then met up with my parents for dinner and we went to Wagamama.  It's like a cheaper and healthier version of P.F. Changs so it was really good!  After dinner we headed back and my parents went back to their hotel.  I hung out with my roommates for awhile and then went to sleep because if you can guess, I was pretty tired haha.  London wears you out if you haven't noticed but it is definitely worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment