Monday 4 July 2011

Literally I Always Miss the Train

Week 2 of work has officially begun and today was a success!  The only thing that has been a problem is getting there.  The Tube is so unreliable it's ridiculous.  I somehow have the talent for just missing the train I need and it's really fun let me tell you.  I just missed my 3rd train today by literally 10 seconds which made me late for work...so annoying because I've become a very punctual person.  It ended up being ok though because she wasn't even there when I got there...phew!  The other intern was sitting at the cafe downstairs so I let him in to find her studio locked.  We only had to wait for her for like 10 minutes though so it wasn't bad and I got to learn a little more about him.  He's really nice and it's nice having another person there.  He is very different than I am because he's a fashion design student but it's cool to have a person with that perspective working with us as well.

Once we got in the studio and settled, I got to see the rearranging work that they had done the Friday before and it looked great.  There is a lot of stock all over the studio though so I think we'll eventually be going through all that.  Our next big project along with the e-commerce store is to sell her diffusion lines to the local boutiques.  We researched areas to look for boutiques in today and will be going out and getting buyer contacts all day tomorrow.  I'm really excited because I don't have much experience with selling so I'm interested to see if I'm good at it or if I like it.  We went through all the inventory that we will be trying to sell today too as well.  So tomorrow I will be frolicking around certain areas to try to find stores to sell her inventory to.  I'm really excited because I will get to see other areas of London that I haven't explored yet.  I actually got to do a little research today on streets close to me but unfortunately I had no luck.  Tomorrow will definitely be more of a success though so I'm excited.

I got off a little early so I decided to head to the bank while it was still open.  That was a complete fail because the woman was absolutely no help whatsoever.  So the whole reason I had to go to the stupid bank in the first place is because my atm got copied last week and money was stolen out of my account.  Thankfully we caught it before a lot of money was taken out but a girl on my trip who used the same atm had $3000 taken out of her account.  I checked mine because I knew we used the same one and sure enough a withdrawl of $300 showed up on my account.  I'm just glad we both caught it early but I still felt so violated even though I know stupid people steal like this all the time.  Never would I have thought it would have happened to me though.  We cancelled my card though so all is well but now we're trying to figure out how to get cash.  We're in the process of working that out as well but I'm going to get it tomorrow so I'll be fine.  So word from the wise, if you ever need to use an atm in Europe use one that is inside an actual bank because it could happen to you unfortunately.

After the frustrating experience at the bank, I ran a couple more errands and did the research I was talking about earlier.  I came back and went on a walk with one of my friends through Regents park which was really nice because the weather was beautiful!  In honor of it being 4th of July, we all went out for a good ole American meal...burgers.  My burger was sooooo good and definitely hit the spot.  Here's a little glimpse...

We headed up to Primrose Hill after our all American meal to watch the sunset and to see one of the best views of the London skyline.  It was breathtaking.  Here's a couple pictures but they don't even do the scenery justice.
 At Primrose
Just one of the great views of the city

Primrose is part of Regents Park and was only about a 20 minute walk from our flat.  It was a great way to walk off our dinner too haha.  We hung out there with everyone from our trip for awhile and amazingly got a firework show.  It's definitely not the 4th of July without fireworks so it was fun to see some even though they were tiny.  It's weird how I'm celebrating the independence of my country from the country that I'm currently living in though haha.  It's definitely no Mahony fireworks show though so next year better be twice as good.  When we could no longer take the col, we started our trek back to our flat.  It wasn't too bad because it actually warmed us up pretty quickly.  The sweatpants were immediately put on when we got home though.  I'm about to do some research about things to do in Barcelona because we leave in 2 days! Ahhh I'm so excited but not excited about packing tomorrow haha but what else is new?  I'm really tired though so I'll prob crash soon but Happy 4th of July!  Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment