Sunday 10 July 2011

Espania here we come!

Well we made it back all safe and sound!  We actually didn't have wifi all weekend which I'll get to in a later post so being able to get back onto my computer and in contact with civilization is SO nice it's not even funny.  Literally the first things that all of us did when we got home was get our computers haha but I'll tell y'all about today a little later.

So last Wednesday I went to work as usual but that day I had the privilege of lugging my little rolling suitcase, my purse, and 2 shopping bags through the tube.  I definitely got my workout and probably ran into over 5 people with everything I was carrying but I made it to work so it's all good.  I'm sure I was quite the scene going through the tub but o well I don't care.  Once I got to work, we got to cracking on possible stores to sell her diffusion line in which I had worked on the day before.  I looked up more boutiques online for awhile and then made a list of all the possibilities that I and the other intern had visited.  I think he had more success than I did because I think her clothing will sell better in the areas that he visited so that's good because I want her to be able to sell as much as possible!  All that research pretty much took up the whole morning so we headed for lunch after that.  When I got back, I got cracking on the Etsy stuff again.  That took up the rest of my afternoon and I basically took pictures of the products to be posted on the website so hopefully it'll be up this week.  Fingers crossed!

The whole morning I was kinda freaking out that we wouldn't make our flight because we were all leaving from work to meet at the train station to catch a train to the airport because it's like 30 minutes outside London.  There are 4 different airports in London in case y'all didn't know but they are all super far away which is very inconvenient.  Anyway so I left work to catch the train to meet them and if you know me you know I was freaking out that I wouldn't make it and cause everyone else to wait because me and my flatmates had to catch the express train together in order to get on because we booked our tickets together for a 4 for 2 deal.  I made it to meet them just fine though and I surprisingly wasn't the last one.  We hoped on the express train to the airport and got there in about 30 minutes.  We headed to the gate as soon as we got there just to be safe but we got there about an hour and a half before boarding time so we were good.  We grabbed some dinner before we got on the plane and waited to get the gate in which we were boarding.  It was weird because they don't assign a terminal until like 30 minutes till the flight leaves so once they announce it you literally have to book it across the terminal to make it and it is no short trek.

We made it on time though so all was good until the stupid EasyJet woman came up to me and made me go and try to fit my bag in there size requirement box thing.  My suitcase was definitely 56 cm which was the requirement but it didn't fit in their dumb box because of my wheels.  Thankfully I wasn't the only one in this situation so I had to check my bag.  We had originally paid to check a bag but I was going to try to get it on the plane so we wouldn't have to wait on it at the Barcelona airport since we were getting in so late.  Well the dumb lady made me check my bag and was going to charge me for it...um no so not happening considering that I already paid for it.  Thankfully I talked my way out of it so I didn't have to pay extra for it.  After that dumb fiasco, we got on the plane and headed to Barcelona.  We got there safe and sound and surprisingly all out luggage came out very quickly after we landed so waiting for it wasn't a problem at all thankfully.  I had clothes!  We went to catch a cab after this so that we could safely make it to our flat since we had absolutely no idea where we were going.  The only problem was is that we couldn't get a hold of our landlord to tell him to meet us.  We finally got a hold of him and headed on our way.  There were like no cars on the street but it was Wednesday night so it was expected.  We got there safely but then we couldn't get a hold of the landlord again so basically we were standing on the street with all our luggage at like midnight because they are an hour ahead of London...not fun.  We found a local grocery store to go to so we hung out there for awhile and then we were told he was coming so we left.  He never showed up because he sent a woman who was sitting in the flat probably the entire time but we had no idea...so frustrating.  We all pretty much hated our landlord but I'll get into that more later.

We got buzzed up to the flat to find a woman who barely spoke English.  Trying to communicate with her was really awesome let me tell you because none of us were really fluent in Spanish.  And on top of that she charged us and extra 30 Euros because she had to meet us after hours.  We were told we would only have to pay 15 but she was being dumb and demanding it and we just wanted her to leave because we were tired so we just ended up paying.  The flat was nice with 3 single rooms, 1 room with 2 beds, and one big room with a queen bed and 2 cots.  We had a fully equipped kitchen as well but there were 2 major problems...no wifi that we were promised and 1 bathroom.  1 bathroom with 9 girls you do the math.  It ended up not being terrible though and it was nice and in our price range so we couldn't complain.  We all were pooped from work and traveling so we all crashed after she left so that we could be pumped and ready to see the city in the daylight and boy did we see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment