Monday 11 July 2011

Barcelona Day 3: Speechless

Barcelona was definitely wearing on us by this point.  All the walking and constant sunshine was wearing us out so we slept in a little and then headed back to La Sagrada Familia to take a closer look since we only drove past it.  We walked slowly to the church and then stood in line to get tickets to go in.  If your ever in Barcelona, you have to go in this church because words can't describe how amazing it is.  Literally I walked in and was completely speechless.  That has never happened to me before but the intensity and beauty of the church literally overtook me to the point of chills.  It is literally the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and seriously you have to do it if you're in Barcelona.  Here are a couple shots but honestly they don't even do the church justice at all.
 Outside of the church

 First thing you see when you walk in

 This is the ceiling...no detail or anything

 One of the stain-glassed windows

Back side of the church

Literally the detailing and size of the church was ridiculous.  Every single nook and cranny was planned and absolutely stunning.  I was sitting there wondering how someone could imagine something like this and then put it into action in such great magnitude.  The church is absolutely HUGE and like I said so detailed it literally was breathtaking.  We sat there in awe for like an hour just taking it in and taking pictures of everything.  It was amazing and definitely worth the money.  After the church, we headed back down La Rambla to explore side streets and to go back and buy gifts from local artists and vendors who were set up on it.  That basically took up the rest of our afternoon because we were not moving very fast haha.  After all the frolicking and shopping we came back to get ready for a nice dinner with everyone.  We went to a tapas place off La Rambla and it was really good.  Me and one of my friends split grilled vegetables, shrimp in oil and garlic, and bacon wrapped prawn skewers...like I said nommm. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that it was all drenched in oil but I was so hungry because it was like 10 when we finally ate that I didn't care.  And I discovered that I like portobello mushrooms because we had some and they were SO good.  We headed back to pack up and clean after dinner because we had to be out the next morning by 11 am and wanted every penny of our safety deposit back and plus we were pooped from the day.  Basically we were dead all weekend haha

No comments:

Post a Comment