Monday 25 July 2011

Oops Well I've Been Busy

I'm alive I promise and I'm sorry this is the first blog that is coming since last Tuesday but things have been crazy busy!  Last week was kind of a whirlwind with class and my parents coming so I haven't had time to sit down and blog about everything that has been going on.  The fact that I didn't have internet all weekend didn't help either ha but it has been great having my parents here and I'll talk all about it.

Hum I left off last Wednesday I believe...I went to work as usual and it was my only day in the actual studio.  It was great to see her and the other intern.  I ran a couple errands for her in the morning and had a little trouble finding the Post Office but I eventually found it and learned how they send packages or should I say parcels here.  After conquering the post office, I rode the bus back to the studio to leave again.  I have to say though, I really enjoy riding the bus because it gave me time to think and reflect on my trip.  I realized through this whole trip that there is so much of the world that I want to see and experience and I don't know when I'll do it.  There is so much culture and just life out in the world to see that I want to be able to explore it all.  Hopefully I will be able to one day but I'm SO thankful and happy that I came over here because it really has been one of the best experiences of my life and I will truly never forget it.  I've learned so much about myself and the world in just 6 small weeks and it has been amazing.

Anyway enough deep thought haha.  I then grabbed lunch and ran a couple more errands for my boss.  I came back and made some spreadsheets for her and that pretty much sums up my afternoon.  After work, I went to a place called Mahiki to grab a drink in honor of one of my roommates 21st birthday that was the weekend before.  It was great to hang out with everyone and just relax because the week completely exhausted me.  I was so tired that I almost feel asleep on the Tube twice and on the bus...it was bad.  The people who were riding with me probably got a big charge out of it though because I was bobbing my head real bad.  After hanging out with everyone for a little bit, we headed back, made dinner, and got to work on our portfolios.  Putting this off till the last week was not a good idea.  We worked on our portfolios from 8:30 until 2...that's a lot of cutting, pasting, and scrapbooking.  We were so so happy to be done with it though after it all because my parents were coming the next day and I didn't want to have to worry about finishing it with them being here.  All that scrapbooking definitely wore me out though so I literally passed out afterward because we had to get up for class the next morning at 10.  Sorry if these blogs are short and scatter-brained but I've done so much that I can't remember it all haha

No comments:

Post a Comment