Monday 11 July 2011

Barcelona Day 4: Never Been So Happy to See the Tube

Last day in Barcelona was basically filled with the Barcelona airport haha.  We had to be out of our apartment at 11 am like I said before and honestly we were all ready to leave.  The sun and city had definitely worn us out and we were ready to get back to London and the English language haha.  The same woman showed up right at 11 and inspected the apartment head to toe.  We got all our money back and dipped out of that place because we were so over having to deal with her and our landlord.  He will be getting a great review from all of us...not.  So after we left we lugged all our luggage to a local Starbucks for breakfast, coffee, and free wifi.  We hung out there for awhile because our flight was not until 5:40 that afternoon.  We then headed back down La Rambla for the last time to pick up last minute gifts.  Weaving through massive amounts of people on a small street with luggage was a fun task let me tell you.  We found some good stuff though so it was worth it!

Before catching a cab for the airport, we picked up none other than Subway haha.  We got to the airport at about 2:30 because we didn't know how long the cab ride would be and we wanted to get there early enough to check our bags.  We then sat in the Barcelona airport for 3 hours and this airport is no Hartsfield-Jackson.  There wasn't much to do so we just hung out and wandered throughout the baby terminal so that we wouldn't get stir crazy.  We were all ready to board the plane and get home though so when it finally came, we were all very happy and tired.  Bye bye Barcelona!  The views from the plane were amazing though because apparently Barcelona is surrounded by mountains which I never knew.  The landscape was gorgeous and kept us occupied since we didn't bring our ipods or anything.  We finally landed in Gatwick around 7:!5 to catch a train to catch another train to finally get home.  We had never been so happy to see English and ride the Tube in our lives haha.  Don't get me wrong I loved Barcelona but being in a city that doesn't speak the language or you have no idea where you are can get a little tiring.  We finally got back to our flat around 9:!5 and made a quick dinner and started to unpack and get back into civilization aka internet haha.  It seriously is ridiculous how dependent we are on it and I definitely realized that this weekend.  I take a lot of things for granted in the US and I never realized it but after this trip I definitely won't anymore.  I finally got to talk to my parents and then hit the hay after unpacking and actually showering and not sweating after.  Work the next day would definitely interesting considering that I would have to wake up early to get a new phone because my other one had found a watery grave in good old Barcelona in my purse thanks to a water bottle.  O well coffee is officially my best friend now haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment