Thursday 14 July 2011

Best Cookie Ever

So today was kind of an uneventful day compared to everything that I've been doing but that's ok because I kinda needed a low key day since I've pretty much been going nonstop since I got here.  We had a lecture today at 12:30 but that was really the only thing that we had to do so that was nice.  I got some much needed sleep this morning but I also got to go on a run in Regents Park with one of my friends.  It was great because we got to catch up since we hadn't really seen each other since last week because she didn't come with me to Barcelona last weekend.  I was feeling like a lump on a log as well so it was nice to go and do something and the weather was absolutely perfect!  Good start to the morning for sure.  I then came back, showered, ate breakfast, and then headed to the bank, post office, and Starbucks of course before class.  The coffee was much needed this morning let me tell you.

We got there right on time but as usual we were one of the first people there haha...our group doesn't do too well with being on time but o well who cares.  Our lecture was on the European Union and it was pretty interesting.  I was really tired though and thinking about planning my Paris trip so again I was only paying half attention...oops.  I sadly didn't know that the UK is actually a member of the EU because I thought since they have the pound instead of the Euro that they weren't but I learned today that they are. The UK just chose not to adopt the Euro when they joined but now if you try to join, you have to adopt the Euro.  I wish I could tell y'all more about what our teacher said but the coffee had not kicked in at the point so sadly I cannot.  I did learn though that every part of a BMW car is biodegradable which is really cool in my opinion.  Don't ask me how that came up but I did learn something at least right?  After the lecture, I went to print out my boarding pass for my trip tomorrow and then headed to the Bourough Market.  But before we got there, I gave in and finally got my first cookie from this place called Ben's Cookies.  I had been recommended it by a friend and still not had one but today they just looked too good.  I got a Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookie and let me tell you it was amazing.  If you're ever in London, you have to go to Ben's Cookies because they are literally the best cookies I've ever had.  Here's the website haha http://www.benscookies.com/

Ok enough about my cookie.  So the Borough Market is basically a big food market where everyone basically lets you try everything.  The food there was so good.  There was everything from cheese to fudge to goat's milk ice cream and all kinds of oils, jams, and dressings.  It was delicious and I'm definitely going back when my parents come.  I had my first Selfridges experience after the market and it's basically a huge department store on crack.  It was HUGE and it has a huge food hall too.  We walked around in there for awhile and it was cool to see everything that they had.  We headed home after that because the girl I was with was leaving for Ireland tonight so she had to go back and get ready. It was great spending time with them again today before they left but I'm sad that they're not traveling with me this weekend.  If I didn't mention this before, I am going to Paris this weekend and so beyond pumped!  Paris is one city that I've always wanted to visit so I'm really excited.  After last weekend, I am definitely looking up more things before hand and planning out more things incase we don't have internet.  I'm leaving at 7:00 tomorrow morning on the Eurostar and coming back on Sunday night.  We're going through a tour company called Anderson Tours and we will have a tour with them tomorrow as well as 2 nights in a bed and breakfast.  Me and 2 of my roommates are going and the other roomie is staying here because her mom came in town for the week for her 21st birthday on Saturday.  There is about 10 of us total from my trip going but I don't know how many people are going on the tour with us.  Guess we'll find out in the morning!  I still have to pack though and definitely not looking forward to it because I hate hate hate packing.  I need to get cracking though because I have a lot of preparation to do before the morning.  This may be my last post till Sunday so until my next post cheerio and au revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment