Monday 18 July 2011

Paris Day 3: I Don't Want to Leaveee

I have to apologize in advance because I'm getting tired of typing so my next 2 posts may be kind of short haha.  Our last day in Paris was another great one but sad at the same time because we had to leave.  I loved Paris so I was sad when it came time to leave.  I really love London too so it wasn't bad to come home to but for some reason I just fell in love with Paris.  We got up a little later on Sunday because we were all dead and didn't have anything that we really had to be at super early.  We packed up all our stuff, ate our last free breakfast, check-out, and got on the Metro to head to see the Eiffel Tower up close and personal.  The weather was about the same as Saturday which was annoying yet again...on and off rain and wind lots and lots of wind.  Seeing the Eiffel Tower up close was awesome.  It really is a cool structure and it was HUGE!  I wish we could have gone up it but we didn't have time and it was sold out because it was Bastille weekend.  It's ok though because then I didn't have to spend the money on it haha.  We took pictures from all different angles and then started to make our way down the river toward Notre Dame.  Here are a couple shots...

One of the Roomies and I

Eiffel Tower :)

We wandered down the river and stopped at the little vendors that sell there.  It was cool to see all the different artwork and pictures that they were selling and I actually ended up buying a newspaper ad from 1951 of the Chanel No. 5 perfume to frame.  We finally made it to Notre Dame after walking for a pretty good bit.  We got lunch at a little cafe close to it and one of the girls got a Nutella and banana crepe and she let me have a bite...life changing.  Literally best thing I've ever eaten.  I split one with another girl later that day it was that good.  They are now my favorite dessert and I am now addicted to Nutella...thanks Paris haha.  We wandered around Notre Dame after lunch and met up with our tour guide for another walking tour.  
Notre Dame

We walked through a different part of town that was known as the Jewish quarter.  It was really cool because this area is where all the Parisians shop and it was very picturesque Paris.  Walking through these streets were exactly what I imagined when I thought of Paris.  I loved our tour guide too and we were the only ones on the tour so it was fun to wander around with him.  On the tour, we got to see houses that have been around since the 1300s and are still standing!  Here's a shot of them...


We ended our tour at the site of what used to be the Bastille prison and then wandered around the streets some more.  We headed back to the hotel after this so that we could get our bags and get on the bus to head to the train station on time.  We loaded up the bus, headed to the station, went through customs anc checked-in, and waited for our train.  Our train ended up being 20 minutes delayed because they check-in lines were so long which was annoying because we were all ready to be home.  We didn't get back till about 11 and I was dead tired.  I still haven't unpacked because I was so tired last night haha.  I crashed after talking to my parents and slept so good it's not even funny.  I truly fell in love with Paris and am definitely going back again someday!  O and here is my future house just saying haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment