Thursday 14 July 2011

"Your Gonna be Popular"

The title of my post for today is one of my favorite songs that we heard last night when we went to see Wicked and let me tell you it was great!  I saw Wicked for the first time on Broadway in the Fall and absolutely loved it.  I like musicals but I'm not obsessed with them or anything but Wicked is my exception.  I'll go into that later though.

So yesterday was my last day of my internship this week and I went to work as usual.  The Tube is becoming very frustrating though because for some reason I can never quite make it to work at 10:00 on the dot.  The Tube is always so unreliable and it's very frustrating so I'm making a point to leave earlier next week because I'm just tired of it.  And I almost got crushed by the doors because I literally ran onto a train while the doors were closing.  I was swift enough to dodge them though thankfully because otherwise I think the doors slamming on me would have been a little painful.  Anyway, I got to work expected to work on Etsy again but instead I got a little change of pace because I was helping her organize and basically do whatever she needed me to in order to get her new collection going.  It was a nice change of pace though because like I said before, sitting in front of a computer all day is definitely not my thing.  It was fun to hang out with her and chat with her as well because it was just the 2 of us again.  The other intern will only be working Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays so I will only see him a couple more times sadly.  The mood was very chill yesterday though and that was nice because I was really really tired yesterday for some reason.  Everyday this week I feel like I've woken up more and more tired but it's nothing that coffee can't fix haha.  She was really tired too because she didn't get much sleep the night before so we were just dragging together.  We definitely got a lot done though so that was good.  Her fashion stylist aslo came in for a meeting with her and it was really cool to meet her.  It was really interesting listening to them talk because I learned stuff about the fashion industry and about what being a fashion stylist entails.  She was very knowledgeable of the industry and I found out that another girl on my trip is actually interning for her too.  Small world right?  Sadly the girl on my trip wasn't with her but it was still really cool to meet her.

I got off around the same time and hopped on the Tube asap so that I could get home in time to make dinner, change clothes, and be on the tube at 6:45.  The show started at 7:30 so we wanted to leave early so that we wouldn't be late.  I got home in plenty of time, stuffed my face with dinner, changed, and was out the door on time.  We got to the theater like 15 minutes early and had pretty good seats.  We sat in the balcony in the middle so we could pretty much see everything and it was great.  It wasn't as good as Broadway but you can't really compare any play to Broadway in my opinion.  I still really loved it though and it was great because we got to hang out with everyone that we hadn't really seen since the week before since everyone traveled to different places.  After the play we all hung out and it was great because I really did miss everyone that I didn't travel with last weekend.  It's weird but we've become surprisingly close with everyone so it's weird when we don't all see each other for a long period of time.  Anyway we headed back after that and went to sleep because the weekend and work week had pretty much drained us.  I'll leave y'all with a couple pictures...
Outside the theater

Waiting for the show to start

No comments:

Post a Comment